Stop Cutting Your Hair During Self-Quarantine. Plus Top 10 Lists.
The self-quarantine due to the Covid-19 virus have left many people stuck at home and not able to have their normal beauty routine. It doesn’t mean you should start cutting your hair at home. While this site is mainly against cutting hair, we will cover some safe tips and tricks to modestly cutting your own hair at home.
The fact is there are many reasons why people stop cutting their hair and grow it out. Even men grow out their facial hair in November. There is a pint to having longer hair. Now we all have a reason to grow our hair out long, and can simply achieve this without even trying. Stuck in doors with nothing to do has some benefits such as growing your hair out long during the virus quarantine.
Top ten reasons to stop cutting your hair during self-quarantine:
- Long hair is healthier. It is true that many see long hair as a sign of youth and vitality. Many people don’t even decide to keep it short it just doesn’t grow any longer.
- Save money by breaking the habit of visits to the salon, styling products, and on shampoo and conditioner.
- Appreciation for the human body and acceptance of others. We are all human, at least most are, seeing there is not one cookie cutter that defines any of us. Many have different hair textures, lengths, colors, volume, and many other things that make everyone beautiful.
- Less maintenance the longer it gets. Not needing styling products or time to style short hair, will become a hair saver as well as a time saver.
- Less hair washing, it is a fact that we should not be shampooing our hair daily. This lockdown is a chance to reset your hair & scalps natural oil balance.
- More admiration from others. Change it up go long and natural and start feeling the primal looks from others checking out your long hair main.
- Long hair builds spirituality. Forgetting the vanity of cutting and styling your hair daily will quickly humble you and connect you spiritually to humanity. Some cultures believe long hair grounds you to the earth and cutting it is like severing the tie to Mother Earth.
- Patience is a virtue. There are very little ways we control how our body looks. Growing out your hair is a great change and it takes true patience and tolerance to grow long healthy hair.
- More stylish. Despite the humbleness long hair might seem to have, it is actually a huge trend right now for men & women of all ages to have long healthy hair.
- It brings people together. No matter what country you are from or what era you were born in. By nature everyone is capable of growing their hair long at some point in their life. This connection is on a humanity level. Other countries looking up to Americans as an example will see that if an American who also has long hair can make it than why can’t they.
Top ten tips on how to trim your own hair in self-quarantine:
- Wash and let your hair naturally dry.
- You’ll need a couple combs, a smaller pair of scissors, and a squirt bottle of water.
- Mirrors, mirrors, mirrors. If you can setup three that is the best; front back and side. One can be a hand held mirror, I usually hang that from the shower rod. Other mirrors on a chair with something heavy to keep it in place.
- Take your time! Also take breaks. Once face to face with yourself in the mirror thinking of what your hair means to you. It changes things one of which is how you want it cut. Now having endless options instead of the butcher at the salon, you can feather some parts, cut it at an angle, or even better just don’t cut it at all.
- Style it before cutting, with no product. You have options now so may as well try some different styles.
- Start with a trim not a cut. Trimming the slightest bit of hair ends can look remarkably! Trim less than 1/8” every few months. This is the trick on how to grow your hair long that no one tells you. This gives a natural blend so you can do less blending with scissors.
- After doing each clip of the scissors move your hair or run a comb thru that spot. This will make it look natural and not such a hard cut.
- Have reference points. Using a spot on a comb, or on your finger to measure how far away from your scalp to cut. Or noting where on your body you want it to lay. You could even use masking tape or make temporary marks on the mirror of where to cut.
- Don’t do it frustrated or tired. I get it being stuck inside we all feel that way. But taking a break from trimming your hair saves hair as well as your dignity. Do a few cuts at a time.
- Shower after with just water and let your hair air dry. This way you can see how your hair will look as if it has been a few days. You can spot out where you cut too much or to sharply.