How to Wash Sand out of Long Hair
If you’re like me, you love the beach but hate the sand which makes your hair look and feel like dreadlocks. Rather than cutting your hair short, you should do the following.
- Make a hair mask using 1 part apple cider vinegar, 1 part Mayo, one part olive oil.
- Use a shower cap to keep it in your hair. Leave in for an least an hour.
- Use a clarifying shampoo, like organix charcoal shampoo, follow this with a nourishing hair mask like Pacifica coconut pro.
- Leave hair mask on at least 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- Use a wide tooth comb to carefully comb it out.
- Repeat if necessary, but in my experience these tricks work the first time