Lockdown Haircut: Trendy today, a loss tomorrow
Many stylists have shared their concern of the aftermath of bad home haircuts. Stylists saying “Stop Lockdown Haircuts!”
Home lockdown haircuts due to lockdown seem to be spreading like a virus. BUT don’t believe everything you read just yet, many articles about DIY lockdown haircuts during this time are only written to get page views. The reporting of people attempting an at home trim is mostly lies. I have reached out too many authors and they admit they are all reporting on the same small group of people that have cut their own hair for the first time due to lockdown.
Top 10 To Stop Lockdown Haircuts
- Instant regret. Messing it up is very likely, at least we are still in lockdown so you won’t be seen.
- The cost to correct it is more than just money. To even things out a stylist will have to trim away more than they normally do.
- It might damage your self image. Americans make too big of a deal over peoples hair and what hair means.
- Don’t follow fads. Trends are by definition meant to end and are a risky choice at best.
- Many hair mistakes make you look older. Often bad haircuts make you look much older, this happens the most from home haircuts.
- You undo months of progress and health. Having longer hair and less haircuts is in fact healthier, also having scissors grazing at your face and hair is mentally traumatic.
- Children will laugh at you. Many little kids are used to your hair being a certain way, and an attempt at cutting your own hair will make them laugh at you.
- Cut it too short or poorly framing your face makes you look chubbier. If you cut your hair to short bordering your face it can make your face look fat.
- You over style or play with your hair that leads to hair shed. Too much tossing of your hair can actually break it in half. Wonder why people with really long hair have it? It is stronger because they don’t style or cut it as much.
- Better to grow out your hair to be more grounded and whole. Many cultures believe that the longer the hair the more grounded your spirit is and connected to the earth.